SALTED CARAMEL BROWNIE RECIPE!
- No Comments
- November 21,2014
- by Site Administrator
We, at Keith Brymer Jones HQ, have decided to indulge in some homemade salted caramel brownies to keep us warm as the temperature drops! Read on to find out how we baked these beauties
To make the delicious brownies (Serves 16) you will need:
225g butter, plus extra for greasing 250g chocolate, chopped
225g golden caster sugar
4 large, free-range eggs
150g plain flour
To make the salted caramel you will need:
40ml double cream
¼ vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped
15g salted butter
2 pinches of sea salt
60g caster sugar
40g golden syrup
To make these sweet treats, you will need the following accessories:
Oven Gloves- Safety (and looking good) is given the upmost importance at Keith Brymer Jones HQ. Make sure you keep your fingers safe and stylish!
Mix & Measure Jug & Measuring cups – Baking is all about the details – make sure you measure well!
Cooked with love plates- to serve these pint sized bundles of chocolaty heaven!
1. Start by making your caramel. In a pan, combine the cream, vanilla seeds and pod, half of the butter and a good pinch of salt. Cook, whisking over a low heat until it’s just bubbling for 2-3 minutes. Then take off the heat and set aside.
2. Place the caster sugar and golden syrup in a medium heavy-based pan over a low heat. Don’t stir, just swirl gently to help dissolve the sugar. Turn up the heat to medium and keep swirling until the sugar turns into a golden caramel.
3. Stir the caramel into the cream mixture with a wooden spoon, discarding the vanilla pod.
Return the pan to a low heat while you stir in the remaining butter, then set aside once more.
4. Scrunch up a large piece of greaseproof paper, wet it, then line a 20x30cm baking tin with the damp paper. Pour in the caramel, sprinkle with the rest of the salt, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes, until you have a thick, gooey caramel.
5. Once the caramel has been chilling for 15 minutes, start the brownies. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4 and grease and line another 20x30cm baking tin with greaseproof paper.
6. Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat. Stir in the chocolate until it’s melted, then remove from the heat and stir in the sugar. Once cooled slightly, whisk in the eggs, then fold in the flour until incorporated. Pour the mixture into the tin.
7. Take your caramel from the fridge, scoop out spoonfuls and dot them into the brownie mixture, pressing to submerge. Once you have a third of the caramel left, drizzle it on top, using a spoon to ripple it through.
8. Bake the brownies in the oven for about 25 minutes, until cooked but still a bit gooey. Leave to cool for 1 hour, cut into squares and then serve on our ‘Cooked with Love’ or ‘Homemade’ Plates if you’re feeling extra boastful…
And voila! Let us know in the comments below if your brownies tasted as scrummy as ours did! Comment any other recipes you’d like to see and don’t forget to share!
FYI: This is an original Jamie Oliver Recipe!